"Montessori" is the last name of Dr. Maria Montessori, a pioneer who developed a novel approach to whole child education in the late 1800s and early 1900s. She used her own scientific observations of children from birth to adulthood in developing the model. Dr. Montessori’s method has been around for over 100 years. It has been successful in virtually all cultures as well as in both short term and longitudinal studies.
M3 may be right for your family if:
- You have one or more children between the ages of 0 and 6
- You are feeling lost about where to start on your homeschooling journey
- You would like to embrace Montessori philosophy in your home more easily
- You don't want to overspend on classroom materials
- You want to quit feeling overwhelmed about homeschooling
- You don't want to design your own curriculum
- You are able to put 2-5 hours of prep work into your homeschool every week
- You want an awesome tribe to share your homeschooling journey with
- You want to customize your homeschool to your child(ren)'s interests and needs
- You want to choose activities based on your child(ren)'s sensitive period(s) & interests
- You want homeschool activities your multi-age children can enjoy together
- You want to help make Montessori more accessible to homeschoolers in need
- You want happy, successful kids who love to learn
Below is a list of supplies you will need to use M3 products:
2. Lamination sheets
4. Straight edge cutting tool
5. Color printer
6. Color printer ink
7. Printer paper
11. Scotch tape
12. Stapler and staples
Yes! You are exactly who M3 was designed for. Homeschoolers face a unique set of circumstances and challenges that rarely mimic those of a classroom, so our products are designed with that in mind. For example, our products are designed for use by parents, not teachers. They do not assume that you have specific classroom materials. They are visually engaging, feel like play, and work for multiple age groups.
Maybe. All M3 products are streamlined to save time and promote efficiency in learning. However, you will need to be able to devote at least 2-5 hours per week to environment preparation, as well as the time necessary for schooling. Be wary of programs and curricula claiming to be “Montessori" but require no preparation. A cornerstone of the Montessori philosophy is having a prepared environment. Your environment is crucial to the success of homeschooling. Good, thorough preparation takes time.
Yes. It includes Geography, Language Arts, Mathematics, Practical Life, Science, and Sensorial. Additionally, M3 curriculum offers customizable Unit Studies designed to focus on your child(ren)'s individual interests and sensitive periods, while remaining aligned with Montessori principles.
Yes. M3 curriculum's core subject areas - Geography, Mathematics, Practical Life, Science, and Sensorial - follow the Montessori Scope and Sequence. However, M3 is self-contained, which means that you do not need to purchase any other items in order to use it. And, M3 is crafted for in-home use and thoughtfully designed for efficiency. So, some activities from the Scope & Sequence are modified or deleted to accommodate for this.
Absolutely. Your child(ren) may even be ahead! Because M3 is customizable to your child(ren)'s interests and sensitive periods, your child(ren) may be able to excel in ways you never thought possible with M3.
We understand that the unique needs of each family are different. Therefore, you may buy any subject area or unit study you wish, while excluding others. You will receive a discount should you decide to buy the entire curriculum at one time.