Montessori education focuses on hands-on learning, creative expression and freedom of exploration - and art lends itself perfectly to these concepts. Art also plays a crucial role in teaching interconnected lessons. This cross-curricular approach to Montessori education provides children with a deeper meaning to their lessons and strengthens their understanding of complex concepts.
The inclusion of art in educational activities creates a natural interest in children. In light of the fact that children in Montessori learning environments choose their own works, this makes art a powerful tool for engaging students.
What Your Child Will Learn in Our Montessori Homeschool Art Curriculum
M3 by Multisori's homeschool art curriculum brings the power of Montessori into your home, following your child through their developmental stages in art from age 2 through age 6. With lessons in basic art skills such as identifying and holding art tools, cutting and gluing, children as young as 2 years old can be highly engaged and begin their creative journey with Montessori philosophy, activities and teaching.
At the outset, children create art with stamps, crayons, colored pencils, tempera paint, and watercolors. As they grow, kids engage in collaborative art projects and dive deeply into the elements of art (line, color, shape, form, texture, value and space). Later, children explore a variety of art materials and techniques such as crayon resist painting, origami and threading. Finally, children learn about the various forms of art, from still life and portrait to collages and digital graphics. They are exposed to classic, historical pieces of art to lay the foundation for art appreciation in the lower elementary years. Finally, students create their own works of art, including landscapes, photography, sculpture and more.
With Multisori's Montessori homeschool art curriculum, you’ll have over 300 pages of art activities, presentation instructions, printable manipulatives, historically significant artwork, kinesthetic learning activities and multi-sensory lesson plans to keep your child engaged and excited about learning.
Please note: Unlike most other subjects included in M3 by Multisori's Montessori primary curriculum, you will need to purchase a handful of art supplies to use alongside the curriculum (examples include: watercolor paints, tempera paints, and an easel).
Multisori's Montessori Art homeschool curriculum is delivered to you via e-mail as a PDF file and must be printed before use.
Like all M3 products, this Montessori homeschool art curriculum includes:
- Supply list
- Instructions for preparing the environment
- Hyperlinked curriculum rubric (simplified scope & sequence)
- Straight forward assessment rubric for record keeping
- Easy to understand presentation instructions for each activity
- Eye catching visuals for easy environment prep and to encourage hands on learning
- Beautiful, printable manipulatives
Multisori's Homeschool Art Curriculum includes:
- Art tools identification activity and scavenger hunt
- Paper tearing activity
- Cutting lines, shapes and folded paper activities
- Gluing activity
- Representative art to story mini-book and activity
- Activities for creating pictures with stamps, crayons, colored pencils, tempera paint, watercolors, and oil pastels
- Collaging activities
- Exploring the colors of the rainbow three part cards and handwriting worksheets
- Collaborative art projects
- Elements of art word wall posters: line, color, shape, form, texture, value and space
- Elements of art mini-book
- Exploring lines activities
- Exploring lines cross-curricular extension activity (art/geography overlap)
- Exploring shapes activities and handwriting worksheets
- Exploring patterns mini-book, three part cards, cut & paste and other activities
- Symmetry wall posters and activities
- Exploring colors wall posters, cross-curricular activities (art/language overlap), games, handwriting worksheets and an experiments
- Tints and shades wall poster and activities
- Color wheel wall posters and activities
- Exploring textures sensorial introduction and activities
- Creating rubbings in nature activities
- Creating a 3D textural collage activity
- Exploring space and composition activity
- Light, reflection and shadow wall posters, matching activities and handwriting worksheets.
- Positive and negative space wall poster and activities
- Painting at the easel activities
- Scraper art activities
- Tempera painting activities including q-tip painting templates,
- Crayon resist painting technique activity
- Textured painting activity
- Wet-on-wet painting activity
- Origami activities, detailed instructions and template
- Using paper to create texture activity
- Making paper snowflakes activity, detailed instructions and template
- Threading activities with varying degrees of difficulty
- Exploring perspective and shading wall poster, drawing guide and activities
- Exploring composition activities
- Drawing with lines template and activities
- Creating art from shapes printable and related activities
- Still life historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activity
- Portrait art historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activity
- Landscape historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activity
- Drawing historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activity
- Painting historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activity
- Photography works of art, mini-book and creation activity
- Sculpture historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activities
- Collage historically significant artwork, mini-book and creation activity
- Digital graphics works of art, mini-book and creation activity
- Sorting different forms of art activity, control cards and scavenger hunt
With our Montessori homeschool art curriculum, you can quit the homeschool overwhelm and set the stage for a lifetime of cultural awareness, art appreciation, and creative expression.
Fun and easy to use
This art curriculum is so much fun and makes the entire primary art experience manageable. Definitely recommend!
Exactly what I've needed
I was on the lookout for a Montessori art curriculum and this released at the right time! It takes the overwhelm out of everything and gives you exactly what you need to bring art into your homeschool classroom.
Super entertaining and educational
I love everything about this program my little ones keep enjoying all the days, are very helpful for them.
This is not my first multisori curriculum, I have also the science curriculum and I have to say I love them both. Thank you so much for making them! They are really quality materials and my children looooove them! You can really see that there is care in the details! Thank you!!
Multisory Art Curriculum
I have been waiting for the launch of the art curriculum because many young children, including my 3-year-old daughter LOVES art. This is the perfect piece for our homeschooling collection. What I have noted when scrolling through, was that it fits in so well with the other parts of M3 and makes it easy to just add on. Thank you for all the love and effort put into this.